Sunday, July 22, 2012

First Ride

The Bike is alive and Running, but could be running better. Took my first ride up through the canyons and i love the way the bike purrs @ 2500rpm. Things that need to be addressed, after a 20 min ride or so is left me with a high idle, I guess the points advancer needed to be lubed with the springs (i did not know to do this), also the exhaust valves could be really right, I do hear noise coming from the front and the right side of the bike. The bike is going to be taken into (http://bavarianmotorcycleworkshop.com/) to get the points all lubed up, the valves checked and tightened and also to trace an air leak in carbs that might be the choke was replaced upside down (my bad).

but the bike runs great and will run even better after being tuned. Its not super powerful but sounds great, has character like no one else and is pretty unique. Check out my helmet i ride with, i love it!










No comments:

Post a Comment